Time-Saver Standards for Urban Design covers the full-spectrum of allied disciplines such as transportation planning, bioregionalism, storm water management, parking, universal design, urban acoustics, & graphics.Time-Saver Standards for Urban Design
by Watson, Donald Watson
Hardcover: 960 pages
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Professional
ISBN: 007068507X; 1st edition (November 15, 2002)
* The foremost professional reference on the physical design of cities and urban places
* International coverage including recent European and Asian sustainability initiatives
* Covers essential topics such as preservation, renewal, patterns of settlement and more
* Outstanding contributors include Alan Plattus, Dean of the College of Architecture, Yale University
From the Back Cover: MAGNIFICENTLY ILLUSTRATED AND INTERNATIONAL IN SCOPE, HERE IS THE DEFINITIVE REFERENCE ON URBAN DESIGN
This important addition to the McGraw-Hill Time Saver Standards series is an entirely new, comprehensive, meticulously researched compendium of every aspect of the physical design of cities and other urban places including communities and civic and public places.
Featuring articles by authoritative urban design scholars and practitioners, Time-Saver Standards for Urban Design provides a visual and detailed archival record of:
* Context of global cities
* Classic texts of urban design
* Urban design history and design theory
* Preservation, renewal, and extension of existing cities
* Methods of urban design from regional to pedestrian scale
* Sustainable communities
* Details and case studies of urban design practice
Time-Saver Standards for Urban Design covers the full-spectrum of allied disciplines such as transportation planning, bioregionalism, storm water management, parking, universal design, urban acoustics, and graphics. It provides a single-source for the key reference articles on urban design and physical planning of cities, including social, environmental and economic data.
This inaugural volume on the topic of urban design in the Time-Saver Standard series is written for easy reference by urban planners and designers, architects, landscape professionals, environmental engineers, civil and transportation engineers, as well as municipal government and planning officials. This soon to be a classic provides a one-volume reference that is indispensable for urban design policy and practice. It is equally valuable for the urban studies educators and students of architecture, urban design and planning.
4HomeBuilder - Home Builder DIY Tips | AECNetwork - Construction, Real Estate Calculator & Electronic Measuring Tool
in association with amazon.com
Copyright © 2009, Builder Store Network. All Rights Reserved.